May 17, 2022
BROCKTON SCHOOL COMMITTEE
George M. Romm Little Theatre, BHS
470 Forest Avenue, Brockton, MA 02301
Tuesday, May 17, 2022, 7:00 p.m.
Welcome to an open meeting of the School Committee. This is the agenda that will be discussed this evening.
Please note that Hearing of Visitors is included. If you have a statement or question, please give your name to the secretary.
In addition to attending, the public can view this meeting via television on Comcast channel 98 and /1071HD Version, and online via this link: www.youtube.com/TheBrocktonChannels
I. CALLING OF MEETING TO ORDER – ESTABLISHING A QUORUM – FLAG SALUTE
II. HEARING OF VISITORS
III. CONSENT AGENDA
A. Acceptance of Public Building Naming Subcommittee Minutes, May 3, 2022 Enc. #1
B. Acceptance of Notification of Personnel Actions: Leaves of Absence, Resignations, Retirements Enc. #2
IV. REPORT OF SUPERINTENDENT OF SCHOOLS
A. Teaching and Learning Enc. #3
· Student Representative Report
· District Wide Attendance Policy
B. Presentation: Department of Elementary and Secondary Education Regarding
Memorandum of Agreement (MOU) Partnership
C. Presentation: Targeted Site Visit Process for Turnaround Schools
(Dr. Susan Szachowicz, Interim Deputy Superintendent)
D. Items to Refer to Subcommittee Enc. #4
· Public Hearing – Tuesday, May 24, 2022, Budget
· Special School Committee Meeting – Tuesday, May 24, 2022
· Proposed Policy Regarding Coordination of Subcommittee Meetings Enc. #4A
V. UNFINISHED BUSINESS Enc. #5
· Discussion and Potential Vote: Bid Review Subcommittee Meeting – 5/17/22
· Discussion and Potential Vote: Public Hearing - FY2023 School Choice Meeting – 5/17/22
VI. NEW BUSINESS
VII. EXECUTIVE SESSION
Executive Session Pursuant to G.L. c. 30A, § 21(a)(2) To conduct strategy sessions in preparation for negotiations with nonunion personnel or to conduct collective bargaining sessions or contract negotiations with nonunion personnel – Deputy Superintendent.