BROCKTON SCHOOL COMMITTEE
GEORGE M. ROMM LITTLE THEATRE, BHS
WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 25, 2018, 7:00 P.M.
Welcome to an open meeting of the School Committee. This is the agenda that will be discussed this evening. Please note that Hearing of Visitors is included. If you have a statement or question, please give your name to the secretary.
- CALLING OF MEETING TO ORDER - ESTABLISHING A QUORUM - FLAG SALUTE
- HEARING OF VISITORS
- CONSENT AGENDA
- Approval of September 5, 2018 Regular School Committee Meeting Minutes -- Enc. #1 -- Pages 1-5
- Approval of Overnight Trip Request: Empower Yourself to Ron Burton Camp -- Enc. #2 -- Page 6
- Approval of 2018 – 2019 Home Education Requests -- Enc. #3 -- Pages 7-13
- Acceptance of Notification of Personnel Appointments: Certified, Non-Cert. -- Enc. #4 -- Pages 14-18
- Acceptance of Notification of Personnel Actions: Leaves of Absence, Resignations, Retirements -- Enc. #5 -- Pages 19-22
- REPORT OF SUPERINTENDENT OF SCHOOLS
- Presentation Summerfest Art Awards -- Enc. #6 -- Page 23
- Learning and Teaching -- Enc. #7 -- Page 24
- Report on Start of Kindergarten and Preschool
- Update on Curriculum and Instruction
- Bridgewater State University Collaboration
- Items to Refer to Subcommittee -- Enc. #8 -- Page 25
- UNFINISHED BUSINESS
- NEW BUSINESS
- Election of Official Voting Delegate of the MASC Annual Business Meeting -- Enc. #9 -- Page 26
At this point in the meeting, the Committee should discuss with the Superintendent any special matters that should be scheduled for future agendas. This is one of the Committee’s opportunities to look ahead, to ask the Superintendent to research special problems, and to make suggestions that will help the Superintendent prepare for future Committee agendas.
- EXECUTIVE SESSION