LINDA CAHILL, DNP, RN
Supervisor of Nurses
Health Services 2nd Floor
175 Warren Avenue
Brockton, MA 02301
Phone: 508-580-7470 Fax: 508-580-7699
ANN M. LINEHAN, DNP, RN
Southeast Regional Advisor/Computer Nurse
LINDA CLEGG, MS, RN
Nursing Case Manager
Brockton School Nurses are integral members of the educational team who assist children and youth to develop their full potential. Our school health program adjusts to the individual differences of each student. The cooperative effort of the parent, administrator, nurse, health care provider, teacher, support personnel and the student contribute to our successful program that promotes a healthy and safe school environment. Our challenges as professional nurses include the education, integration and coordination of the health needs of all the students.
This was posted on September 23, 2022. Protocols are subject to change.
As part of our continued efforts to keep COVID-19 out of our schools, we ask that BPS families follow the following protocols.
First, we ask anyone who is exhibiting any of the symptoms listed below to remain home and take a test.
- Fever (100.0° Fahrenheit or higher), chills, or shaking chills
- Difficulty breathing or shortness of breath
- New loss of taste or smell
- Muscle aches or body aches
- Cough (not due to other known cause, such as chronic cough)
- Sore throat, when in combination with other symptoms
- Nausea, vomiting, when in combination with other symptoms
- Headache, when in combination with other symptoms
- Fatigue, when in combination with other symptoms
- Nasal congestion or runny nose (not due to other known causes, such as allergies), when in combination with other symptoms
If you test positive for COVID-19, your self-isolation period is a minimum of 5 days. Day zero is the date of test, if asymptomatic, OR date of onset of symptoms.
You may return to school anytime on or after Day 6 if you have been without a fever for 24 hours (without fever-reducing medication) AND have experienced improvement in other symptoms (i.e. no longer have a severe cough or body aches, or difficulty breathing).
Following the 5-day isolation period, you must mask for 5 additional days when around others. You do not need to test negative for COVID-19 prior to returning.
Families should continue to report their absences to the school and notify their school nurse if their child tested positive for COVID. As indicated at the start of the school year, the district is following the attendance policies detailed in the student handbooks.