Welcome to the Middle School Honors Academy
The Brockton Public Schools is proud to offer a Middle School Honors Academy at every middle school and the Davis K-8 School. This program, which opened in fall 2022, will significantly increase the number of students who are participating in higher level coursework right at their neighborhood school.
Courses will be rigorous, student-centered, and designed to develop critical and creative thinking through problem-based learning experiences.
Families should only use this form if their current grade five student was admitted to the Middle School Honors Academy and they DO NOT wish for the child to be enrolled in the program. If you are unsure if you should complete this form, please talk to your child's teacher or principal first.
Families of students entering grade six in fall 2023 should only use this form if their child WAS NOT admitted to the Middle School Honors Academy and they would like to appeal the decision.
For Current Middle Schoolers Seeking Enrollment in Fall 2023: If you are the parent/guardian of a student entering grade 7 or 8 in fall 2023 AND they are not currently enrolled in the Honors Academy, you may contact their school to inquire about enrollment. The form above is only for students entering grade six in fall 2023.
- HOW DOES ENROLLMENT WORK?
- WHAT WILL THE PROGRAM LOOK LIKE?
- WHO IS ELIGIBLE?
- WILL HONORS ACADEMY STUDENTS NEED TO REAPPLY EACH YEAR?
- IS THE PROGRAM AT PLOUFFE MIDDLE SCHOOL DIFFERENT THAN WHAT IS OFFERED AT OTHER SCHOOLS?
- I HAVE A SIBLING WHO IS ENTERING GRADE 7 OR 8 AT A MIDDLE SCHOOL OUTSIDE OF MY ZONE. CAN I STILL GO TO A MIDDLE SCHOOL THAT IS INSIDE MY SCHOOL ZONE?
- HOW WILL THIS CONNECT TO THE NATIONAL JUNIOR HONOR SOCIETY?
- HOW WILL THIS CONNECT TO THE HONORS, ADVANCED PLACEMENT, AND INTERNATIONAL BACCALAUREATE PROGRAMS AT BROCKTON HIGH SCHOOL?
- WILL I BE KICKED OUT OF THE PROGRAM IF I AM DOING WELL IN ONE OF MY HONORS ACADEMY COURSES, BUT AM STRUGGLING IN THE OTHER?