Chief Marketing and Communications Officer
Assistant Director of Marketing and Communications
Third-Party Flyer Requests
Thank you for your interest in sharing information about your community organization with the Brockton Public Schools! We believe that ensuring each of our students has a positive learning experience is a citywide effort and we are thrilled to distribute important information on behalf of local non-profits and programs that support that goal.
Before you begin to design your flyer, please review the following information to gain a better understanding of our approval process.
QUALIFYING ORGANIZATIONS INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT NECESSARILY LIMITED TO:
- Local extracurricular and/or recreational programs offering high-quality learning and/or physical fitness experiences to BPS students.
- Local non-profit organizations offering services to Brockton families for personal growth and development.
- Government organizations providing supports to Brockton students and families.
WE DO NOT DISTRIBUTE INFORMATION FOR:
- Organizations selling goods or services that are not relevant to education or learning.
- For-profit entities using community events as a means to sell products or services.
- Events or programs that are in direct conflict or competition with existing BPS programs (ex. a flyer for a community holiday concert to be held at the same date and time as the high school’s holiday concert).
Since we are offering this as a community service, the district reserves the right to refuse any organization or flyer. Please know that we will make every effort to offer a solution that would enable us to approve your flyer for distribution if possible.
KEEP IN MIND WHEN DRAFTING YOUR FLYER:
- Please edit your flyer for proper grammar and spelling prior to sending it to BPS for review.
- Avoid competitive references to other community organizations. Keep your message positive!
WRONG X Unlike other local dance programs, we offer hip hop classes.
RIGHT We’re Brockton’s premier hip hop academy!
- Include contact information for event or program organizers so families know who to reach out to with questions.
- Test any links or URLs to ensure they work before you go to print. Remember, our families will be typing the URLs into their web browsers so shorter links are preferred.
- If you are advertising a program or event, please include the cost of registration on your flyer and any deadlines.
- Brockton is proudly a multilingual community and some of our students speak a different language at home. While we do not require outside organizations to provide translated copies of their flyers, doing so might be in the best interest of raising awareness for your event or program. As a district, we disseminate all our materials in English, Portuguese, French and Spanish. If you do plan to provide translated copies, we request that they be made available in the aforementioned languages. The district does not offer translation services to outside entities.
BPS WILL NOT APPROVE ANY FLYER THAT INCLUDES:
- Negative references to an organization’s competitors.
- Imagery/language that is offensive or not age appropriate.
- Information that is not relevant to the BPS community.
THE APPROVAL PROCESS:
To be considered for distribution, please email an electronic version of your flyer to Jess Hodges at email@example.com. Your email should include:
- Detailed information about your organization, including whether you are a non-profit entity.
- If the district has disseminated information on your organization’s behalf in the past and the name of your previous BPS contact.
- Which grade levels you would like to receive the flyer and whether you plan to send one flyer home with each child.
- The date you’d like to drop copies of the flyer off at each school and the date you’d like them to be sent home with the children.
Every flyer must include the following disclaimer:
THE BROCKTON PUBLIC SCHOOL SYSTEM NEITHER ENDORSES NOR SPONSORS THE ORGANIZATION OR THE ACTIVITY REPRESENTED IN THIS MATERIAL. THE DISTRIBUTION OR DISPLAY OF THIS MATERIAL IS PROVIDED AS A COMMUNITY SERVICE.
Jess will confirm receipt of your email within 48 hours and let you know if the flyer is approved, if changes must be made, or if the district must deny your request for distribution. If changes need to be made, please send her a follow-up email with the updated flyer for final review and approval.
Once Jess has given you final approval, she will provide updated enrollment numbers to ensure you print the correct number of flyers. She will then notify the schools of your plans and provide them with an electronic copy of the approved flyer. The schools will not distribute flyers from any outside organization if:
- They did not receive a notification of approval from Jess Hodges.
- The above disclaimer is not included on the flyer.
- The content is different than the final version provided to them by Jess.
Please always send a draft of your flyer to Jess Hodges before you go to print to avoid costly reprints.
The Brockton Public Schools does not disseminate information from outside organizations on any of its digital communications platforms. If you have any questions or would like additional information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.