The Brockton Public Schools has partnered with the Brockton Board of Health and Pinnacle Partnerships to distribute nearly 1,000 packages each containing four at-home COVID-19 test kits to Brockton families. The distribution will be held outside of the following schools on Thursday, December 30, from 12 to 1 p.m.
GRAB-AND-GO DISTRIBUTION SITES:
Kennedy School (in front of building)
Arnone School (in side lot located on Newbury Street)
East Middle School (in front of building)
Raymond School (in front of building)
Gilmore School (in front of building)
KNOW BEFORE YOU GO:
- The tests are available to Brockton residents only. All others should visit their local pharmacy.
- Each vehicle or each family that walks up will receive one package containing four tests. Absolutely no exceptions.
- Tests will be available on a first come, first served basis and we fully expect to run out prior to 1 p.m.
In the interest of preventing an excessive amount of traffic and to ensure our volunteers are able to arrive to the schools on time with the packages, please do not arrive prior to 11:45 a.m.
We need to keep the line moving Thursday, so please do not stop to ask questions. Instead, refer to the helpful information below.
Each package will include these directions available in English, French, Portuguese and Spanish.
Self-Tests are great in many ways and have lots of utility, and more are likely coming on the market in the future, but they are the responsibility of the person taking them. They are NOT the responsibility of public health.
- People with Self-Tests should notify their OWN close contacts.
- Self-tests are NOT OFFICIAL TEST RESULTS for many scenarios, and people should consider that when determining which test type to perform.
- If someone has a positive self-test – they should act like they are positive and isolate. Positive home tests DO NOT need to be reported to the board of health. Again, notifying close contacts is the responsibility of the person taking the test.
- We encourage residents to download the app using the QR code found on the outside of the box and on the instruction pamphlet. The app will allow you to create a “certificate” which you can email directly to your Healthcare Provider and show to your school/employer/childcare.
- We encourage residents to set up MassNotify on their smartphone to help notify close contacts. More info here.