Dear BPS Families,
As we approach the end of our first week of full in-person learning for grades PreK-8, we ask every member of our school community to redouble your commitment to COVID-19 prevention efforts. Unfortunately, there has been some confusion in recent days so we felt it was necessary to remind you of our protocols.
Please do not send your children to school if they have been tested for COVID-19 and you are awaiting their test results. You must also keep your children home if they exhibit any of the following symptoms:
- A fever of 100 degrees Fahrenheit or above.
- Chills or shaking chills.
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing.
- A sore throat.
- Muscle aches or body aches.
- A sudden loss of smell or taste.
- Nausea or vomiting.
- Nasal congestion or a runny nose (not due to other known causes, such as seasonal allergies).
- A headache in combination with any of the other symptoms listed above.
- Fatigue in combination with any of the other symptoms listed above.
Any student who exhibits these symptoms will be sent home from school and a parent/guardian or emergency contact will be required to pick them up.
Students who have been identified as close contacts of individuals diagnosed with COVID-19 must also stay home for the requisite quarantine period. Our schools will work with any family who needs to keep their children home due to possible COVID-19 exposure.
The health and safety of our students and staff is our top priority. Together, we’ve been able to avoid in-school transmission but now is not the time to let our guards down. Please continue to encourage mask wearing, social distancing and frequent handwashing outside of school. Let’s finish this school year strong.