Summer School 2018
Brockton Community Schools
Brockton Public Schools
July 9 - August 7th, 2018
Rising 9th - 12th Grade
Kathleen A. Smith, JD
Superintendent of Schools
Director of Community Schools
Dr. Clifford Murray
Principal of Brockton High School
2018 Summer School Dates
July 9th - August 7th, 2018
Graduation: August 7th
All students report to the Green Café by 7:15 AM
Schedules will be distributed at that time.
A full day of classes will follow.
Period 1: 7:30 am - 9:30 am
Period 2: 9:30 am - 11:30 am
Full Tuition Payment Due
Wednesday, July 20, 2018
Midterm Progress Reports
Thursday, July 23, 2018
Students must provide their own transportation to Summer School. BAT bus stops are adjacent to Brockton High.
Summer School Policies
- There will be NO excused or waived absences from Summer School.
- Students are expected to be on time every day for every class
- Summer School follows Brockton High School policies for student behavior
- Classes may be cancelled due to low enrollment (with tuition refund).
- There is NO refund given due to student absences or misconduct resulting in dismissal from the program.
2018 Summer School Registration
July 3 -- Green Café -- 2:30 - 5:30 PM
July 5 -- Green Café -- 2:30 - 5:30 PM
July 6 -- Green Café -- 2:30 - 5:30 PM
Late Registration: Mondy, July 9th in the Green Café from 7:00 - 9:00 AM
BHS students must bring to Registration:
- June letter from your Guidance Counselor
Non-BHS students must bring to Registration:
- Proper documentation from their school of course(s) needed in summer school
Summer School Tuition
Brockton Students: $200 Per Course
Non-Resident: $250 Per Course
- At least 50% of tuition must be paid at the time of registration, either in cash, credit card or by money order.
- Full amountmust be paid by July20th for students to receive course credit.
- Summer School tuition is non-refundable.
- Credit card payments will be accepted with proper identification.
- Money orders should be made payable to Brockton Community Schools.
NO personal checks will be accepted.
To be eligible for Summer School a student must pass 50% of the course during the regular school year. In the case of a full year course, TWO TERMS must be passed. In the case of a semester course, ONE TERM must be passed
To be promoted at the end of summer school, the following credits must be successfully completed:
- Freshman to Sophomore = 21 credits
- Sophomore to Junior = 43 credits
- Junior to Senior = 66 credits
- Graduation = 95 credits
- Summer School is NOT mandatory. If your child does not participate in summer school, they can repeat failed classes in the fall. However, this will impact their class schedule and/or expected graduation date.
- Students can only take two (2) classes during summer school if they have met the eligibility requirements.
Azure Guidance: 508-580-7435
Green Guidance: 508-580-7415
Red Guidance: 508-580-7425
Yellow Guidance: 508-894-4405
Summer School Guidance: 508-580-7415