Summer School 2019
Brockton Community Schools
Brockton Public Schools
July 8 - August 8, 2019
Kathleen A. Smith, JD
Superintendent of Schools
Director of Community Schools
Dr. Clifford Murray
Principal of Brockton High School
2019 Summer School Dates
July 8th - August 8th, 2019
Graduation: August 8th
All students report to the Green Cafe by 7:15 AM. Schedules will be distributed at that time. A full day of classes will follow.
Period 1: 7:30 AM - 9:30 AM
Period 2: 9:30 AM - 11:30 AM
Full Tuition Payment Due
Friday, July 19, 2019
Midterm Progress Reports
Monday, July 22, 2019
Students must provide their own transportation to Summer School. BAT bus stops are adjacent to Brockton High School
Summer School Policies
- There will be NO excused or waived absences from Summer School.
- Students are expected to be on time every day for every class.
- Summer School follows Brockton High School policies for student behavior.
- Classes may be cancelled due to low enrollment (with tuition refund).
- There is NO refund given due to student absences or misconduct resulting in dismissal from the program.
To be eligible for Summer School a student must pass 50% of the course during the regular school year. In the case of a full year course, TWO TERMS must be passed. In the case of a semester course, ONE TERM must be passed.
To be promoted at the end of summer school, the following credits must be successfully completed:
- Freshman to Sophomore = 27 credits
- Sophomore to Junior = 43 credits
- Junior to Senior = 66 credits
- Graduation = 95 credits
- Summer Schools is NOT mandatory. If your child does not participate in summer school, they can repeat failed classes in the fall. However, this will impact their class schedule and/or expected graduation data.
- Students can only take two (2) classes during summer school if they have met eligibility requirements.
Azure Guidance: 508-580-7435
Green Guidance: 508-580-7415
Red Guidance: 508-580-7425
Yellow Guidance: 508-894-4405
Summer School Guidance: 508-580-7415
2019 Summer School Registration/Green Cafe
June 26, 27, 28 3:30 - 6:30 PM
July 1 & 2 9:00 - 11:00 AM
Late registration: Monday, July 8th in the Green Cafe from 7:00 - 9:00 AM.
BHS students must bring to Registration:
- June letter from your Guidance Counselor
Non-BHS students must bring to Registration:
- Proper documentation from their school of course(s) needed in summer school
Summer School Tuition
$200 Per Course
$250 Per Course
- At least 50% of tuition must be paid at the time of registration, either in cash, credit card or by money order.
- Full amount must be paid by July 19th for student to receive course credit.
- Summer School tuition is non-refundable.
- Credit card payments will be accepted with proper identification.
- Money orders should be made payable to Brockton Community Schools.
NO personal checks will be accepted.