Parents & Community
Statements for the Community
The Brockton Public Schools strive to:
- Build and maintain strong partnerships between home and school to involve families in their children's education.
- Support open communication between the schools and the community.
- Encourage active participation in the schools by all members of the community.
- Celebrate diversity in its schools and community.
- Develop, expand and strengthen partnerships with businesses, government and community-based organizations and colleges.
- Provide lifelong learning opportunities for community members.
- Strive to earn the support and respect of the community.
- Seek commitment from the community for consistent financial support for the schools.
- Work with the community to create and support a safe and healthy environment.
- Acknowledge outstanding contributions and achievements of community members.
PARENTS...You are your child’s first teacher.
You can help your child learn in many ways.
Use everyday activities to help your child learn.
Help build good study habits.
Stay involved in your child’s education.
Do all you can to help your child learn and be successful!
IN THE BROCKTON PUBLIC SCHOOLS
PARENT INVOLVEMENT PROGRAM YOU CAN…
SIGN UP to attend the Parents’ Academy.
GET INVOLVED at your child’s school.
COMMUNICATE often with the teachers and staff.
CONTACT the school parent liaison for parent involvement information.
VOLUNTEER in the classroom.
ATTEND the PAC/PTA/PTO meetings.
PARTICIPATE in the family activity nights.
READ about us in School View and The Enterprise.
WATCH us on Cityview—Educational Cable Channel 98 at 3:30 & 6:30 p.m.
LISTEN to us on WXBR 1460 AM.
LOG ON TO our school website brocktonpublicschools.com