Brockton Public Schools
For Brockton residents born between
September 1, 2014 - August 31, 2015
WHERE AND HOW DO I REGISTER?
Although our office is closed due to the COVID-19 crisis, we are pleased to inform you that we will be conducting virtual registrations.
Please complete the pre-registration form below:
Once your pre-registration form is complete, you will be placed in the queue for one of our registration specialists to contact you. Please be patient as we are trying to accommodate all families with this new remote registration process. If you have an urgent concern or question please email the Director at MAS@bpsma.org
Stay safe. Be well.
We will all get through this together.
We are Brockton, the City of Champions!
Help is available in Cape Verdean Crioulo, English, French, Haitian Creole, Portuguese and Spanish.
ASSIGNMENT IS BASED ON THE FOLLOWING CRITERIA:
1. Complete and timely registration
2. Seat availability
3. Sibling preference*
4. Proximity to school
5. Racial Fairness Guidelines
* If parents submit a complete registration between March 16 and May 15, 2020, sibling preference will be prioritized. After May 15, 2020 sibling preference is not guaranteed.
Assignment notices for students registered between March 16 and May 15, 2020 will be mailed to families’ homes in July. Students with an incomplete file will not receive an assignment until their file is completed.
Any registration completed after May 15, 2020 will be on a first come, first served basis.
WHO MAY REGISTER?
Any Brockton resident born between
September 1, 2014 and August 31, 2015
WHAT DO I NEED TO REGISTER?
ENGLISH, FRENCH, PORTUGUESE, SPANISH
- Official birth certificate or passport indicating parents’ names (Copies are not accepted.)
- Parent’s/Guardian’s valid picture I.D.
- Three documents that prove Brockton residency (see Chart #2 below)
- Required Immunizations (see Chart #3 below)
- Proof of lead screening
- Proof of vision screening with stereopsis
- Recent physical exam from doctor
- Important names, addresses and telephone numbers (doctors, hospital, emergency contacts and childcare providers)
- Individualized Education Plan (if child has been identified as having special educational needs)
Brockton Public Schools Residency Policy
All applicants must submit at least one document from each of the following columns:
- Copy of deed AND record of most recent mortgage payment
- Copy of lease AND record of most recent rent payment
- Notarized BPS address affidavit form (requires additional documentation)
- Section 8 agreement
- A utility bill or work order (dated within the past 60 days), including:
- Gas bill
- Oil bill
- Electric bill
- Home telephone bill (not cell phone)
- Cable bill
- Water bill
- Valid driver’s license
- Current vehicle registration
- Valid MA photo ID
- Valid passport,
- W-2 form
- Excise tax bill
- Property tax bill, (dated within the past 60 days)
- Approved government letter
- Payroll stub
- Bank or credit card statement
*Legal guardianship requires additional documentation from a court or agency. The BPS residency policy does not apply to students experiencing homelessness. (McKinney-Vento Act)
Required Immunizations for Kindergarten
|DTa/DTP 5 doses
||2 doses or documentation of disease