Brockton Public Schools
For Brockton residents born between
September 1, 2014 - August 31, 2015
WHERE DO I REGISTER?
Brockton Public Schools
School Registration and
Parent Information Center
60 Crescent Street
Brockton, MA 02301
(508) 580.7950 Phone
(508) 580.7956 Fax
(508) 894.4294 Fax
HOURS OF OPERATION:
Monday - Friday: 8:30 am - 2:30 pm
EXTENDED EVENING HOURS:
Wednesday: 5:00 pm - 7:00 pm
(only on days when school is in session)
Last registration is taken half-hour before closing.
Help is available in Cape Verdean Crioulo, English, French, Haitian Creole, Portuguese and Spanish.
ASSIGNMENT IS BASED ON THE FOLLOWING CRITERIA:
1. Complete and timely registration
2. Seat availability
3. Sibling preference*
4. Proximity to school
5. Racial Fairness Guidelines
* If parents submit a complete registration between March 16 and May 15, 2020, sibling preference will be prioritized. After May 15, 2020 sibling preference is not guaranteed.
Assignment notices for students registered between March 16 and May 15, 2020 will be mailed to families’ homes in July. Students with an incomplete file will not receive an assignment until their file is completed.
Any registration completed after May 15, 2020 will be on a first come, first served basis.
WHO MAY REGISTER?
Any Brockton resident born between
September 1, 2014 and August 31, 2015
WHAT DO I NEED TO REGISTER?
- Official birth certificate or passport indicating parents’ names (Copies are not accepted.)
- Parent’s/Guardian’s valid picture I.D.
- Three documents that prove Brockton residency (see Chart #2 below)
- Required Immunizations (see Chart #3 below)
- Proof of lead screening
- Proof of vision screening with stereopsis
- Recent physical exam from doctor
- Important names, addresses and telephone numbers (doctors, hospital, emergency contacts and childcare providers)
- Individualized Education Plan (if child has been identified as having special educational needs)
Brockton Public Schools Residency Policy
All applicants must submit at least one document from each of the following columns:
|Column A||Column B||Column C|
*Legal guardianship requires additional documentation from a court or agency. The BPS residency policy does not apply to students experiencing homelessness. (McKinney-Vento Act)
Required Immunizations for Kindergarten
|Hepatitis B||3 doses|
|DTa/DTP 5 doses||5 doses|
|Varicella||2 doses or documentation of disease|
WHEN DO I REGISTER?
Kindergarten Registration is done in alphabetical order by parent’s/guardian’s last name.
MARCH 16 - MARCH 27
MARCH 30 - APRIL 10
APRIL 13 - APRIL 24
APRIL 27 - MAY 15
To improve the likelihood of your child being assigned to a school of your choice, please use the above schedule and apply during the earliest registration period based on the first initial of your last name.
Click here for the Kindergarten Registration brochure in
Click below for information on our DUAL LANGUAGE IMMERSION PROGRAMS
or click here for our Dual Language Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)