Huntington Alternative School
John Lander, Principal
Melanie Dobson, Assistant Principal
HUNTINGTON SCHOOL MISSION
The mission of the Huntington Alternative School is to provide a safe, nurturing environment that challenges and supports all students while recognizing their individual needs. We strive to combine a district-aligned curriculum with highly structured behavior management programs and therapeutic support services that meet the needs of our diverse learners. This nurturing environment is designed to encourage students to become lifelong learners and productive citizens.
HUNTINGTON ALTERNATIVE SCHOOL
1121 Warren Street
Brockton, MA 02301
Hours: 7:20 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
- About Us
- Contact Us
- Resources for Parents
- The "Huntington Gazette" Newsletter
- Huntington Alternative School Report Card
Huntington Alternative School Offers ...
- Specialized instruction for special needs students in Grades 3-12.
- Comprehensive Psychological Services including 24-hour wrap-around support.
- School-wide Behavior Support Plan providing rewards and support daily.
- Vocational Planning/Training coordinated in partnership with Training Resources of America, Inc.
- Weekly activities that emphasize the development of a sense of community.
John Lander: 508-580-7235
Melanie Dobson: 508-580-7235
Michelle Sheehan: 508-580-7203 | FAX 508-580-7083
Absentee Call-In Line: 508-580-7203
Department Head of Therapeutic Support:
Vincent Cerce: 508-580-7205
Guidance Counselor: 508-580-7205
School Nurse: 508-580-7206
School Adjustment Counselor: 508-580-7205
Therapeutic Services: 508-580-7205
The Huntington Alternative School is committed to providing parents, families and community members with resources to help them support their students. We welcome input and offer the following materials as a starting point. If you have questions, concerns or seek additional referrals, please contact our main office.