Advanced Placement Program
The Advanced Placement Program (AP®) gives students the chance to experience college-level work while they are still in high school. Research consistently shows that AP students are better prepared for college than students who do not take AP. They are more likely to enroll and stay in college, do well in their classes, and graduate in four years.
There are many other benefits to taking an AP course:
- Your AP score could earn you college credits before you even set foot on campus.
- Your AP score can let you skip some introductory courses in college.
- Earning credit or placement can open up time on your schedule or even let you graduate college early.
- AP on your high school transcript shows colleges you have tackled college-level work.
- AP courses help you hone the time management, critical thinking, and scholarly writing skills you will need in college and career.
Studying a subject in depth could give you new insights and even put you on the path to a career that you love.
If you are interested in applying for an AP course at Brockton High School, please click on the link below titled “Brockton High School AP Application.”