The Brockton Community Schools Driver Education Program is conveniently located at Brockton High School. Courses are offered on a continuing basis throughout the school year, as well as during school vacations. In order to receive your State Driver Education Certificate, each student must complete 30 hours of classroom instruction and must complete twelve (12) hours of On the Road Driving with our qualified instructors and 46 hours of supervised driving with a parent or qualified adult. A Parent/ Guardian must also complete a two (2) hour workshop for certification. More information about the Driver Education Program, including upcoming course dates, is provided below.
Classes will be resuming in September, 2020 - Format to be determined
IN CLASS PROTOCOLS:
- Students cannot attend class if tardy, must arrive by 8am
- Masks or a suitable face covering must be worn at all times
- Appropriate social distancing will be enforced
- No food or snacks allowed in class
- No drinks other than water (in clear container) will be allowed
- Laptops will be loaned to all classroom students. Students will have to return the loaned laptops on the last day of class or no certificate will be granted.
- Students must report for drive on time or a fee will apply
- Students must provide their own transportation to and from BHS for driving lessons.
- Masks must be worn at all times for drives
- Keep your hands washed and sanitized prior to using a Driver’s Ed vehicle
Students who have had their On the Road Driving cancelled due to COVID can contact Mr. McSherry or Mr. Brunelle to reschedule your hours.
Next Parent Class - TBD
(RED IRC - 1st Floor - Red Building - next to the Red Cafe) 6-8 p.m.
There are new sessions every month during the school year!
CLASSROOM SESSIONS MEET IN THE AFTER SCHOOL CAFE, THEN ESCORTED TO A-225 BY YOUR INSTRUCTOR
SEE CALENDAR FOR DETAILS
2020-2021 Start Dates and Calendars - To Be Announced
|September, 2020||December, 2020||March, 2021|
|October, 2020||January, 2021||April. 2021|
|November, 2020||February, 2021||May, 2021|
|Summer #1, 2021 Summer #2, 2021|
Classroom: $250 ($200 with Honor Roll)
On the Road Driving: $355 ($455 non-resident, without Classroom) Fee includes $15 RMV Certificate Processing
Road Test - Car and Instructor: $75
Contact Community Schools at 508-580-7595 for payment issues.