The Brockton Community Schools Driver Education Program is conveniently located at Brockton High School. Courses are offered on a continuing basis throughout the school year, as well as during school vacations. In order to receive your State Driver Education Certificate, each student must complete 30 hours of classroom instruction and must complete twelve (12) hours of driving and six (6) hours of observation. A Parent/ Guardian must also complete a two (2) hour workshop for certification. More information about the Driver Education Program, including upcoming course dates, is provided below.
IN CLASS PROTOCOLS:
- Students cannot attend class if tardy, must arrive by 8am
- Masks or a suitable face covering must be worn at all times
- Appropriate social distancing will be enforced
- No food or snacks allowed in class
- No drinks other than water (in clear container) will be allowed
- Laptops will be loaned to all classroom students. Students will have to return the loaned laptops on the last day of class or no certificate will be granted.
- Students must report for drive on time or a fee will apply
- Students must provide their own transportation to and from BHS for driving lessons.
- Masks must be worn at all times for drives
- Keep your hands washed and sanitized prior to using a Driver’s Ed vehicle
8 am until 12 pm July 7-July 16 (last day is 9-11 am)
8 am until 12 pm July 20-July 29 (last day is 9-11 am)
Students who have had their On the Road Driving cancelled due to COVID can contact Mr. McSherry or Mr. Brunelle to reschedule your hours.
Next Parent Class - July 14, 6-8 pm - Also July 28, 6-8 pm
(RED IRC - 1st Floor - Red Building - next to the Red Cafe) 6-8 p.m.
There are new sessions every month during the school year!
CLASSROOM SESSIONS MEET IN THE AFTER SCHOOL CAFE, THEN ESCORTED TO A-225 BY YOUR INSTRUCTOR
SEE CALENDAR FOR DETAILS
2019-2020 Start Dates and Calendars
|September 9, 2019||December 4, 2019||CANCELLED|
|October 4, 2019||January 13, 2020||CANCELLED|
|November 1, 2019||February 10, 2020||CANCELLED|
|July Sessions #1 and #2|
Classroom: $250 ($200 with Honor Roll)
On the Road Driving: $340 ($440 non-resident, without Classroom)
Road Test - Car and Instructor: $75
Contact Community Schools at 508-580-7595 for payment issues.