Tryouts for the Fall 2020 season will begin on Monday, Sept. 21. In order to try out for a team, you must be successfully registered on Family ID and have a current physical on file with the school nurse. If you need a physical, you can email our trainer at firstname.lastname@example.org to set up an appointment at Signature Healthcare on Monday evening (Sept. 21) from 5-7:30 p.m. Please include a phone number so she can call you to schedule the appointment.
What to expect:
1. You will report to your coach and sign in each and every day. No exceptions.
2. You will need to bring your own water/drinks to practices and games. Bring more than you think you need. Also, do not share your water bottle or drink with anyone at any time.
3. You will not be allowed into the school or locker room. Come to practice dressed, ready to go.
4. You need to enter and exit Marciano Stadium at the footbridge gate. If you are getting picked up, please have your ride meet you there. The gate closest to Forest Avenue will be locked.
5. No spectators will be allowed at practices and games. This is a league rule.
6. You must sanitize your hands before and after practice. Hand sanitizer will be provided for you.
7. Do not share any athletic equipment with your teammates.
8. If you don’t feel well, do not come to practice or a game. Stay home!!
9. You are expected to leave practices and games immediately after they are finished.
10. You must wear a mask when you cannot practice social distancing (6 feet).
Cross Country: Monday -2:45 p.m. @ D.W. Park (Oak Street entrance parking lot - Next to golf course)
Tuesday - 2:45 p.m. @ BHS Track
Wednesday - 2:45 p.m. @ Fairgrounds (at grandstands behind Forest Ave)
Thursday - No Practice
Friday - 2:45 p.m. @ BHS Track
Golf: Monday- 2:30 p.m. @ Brockton Country Club
Tuesday- 2:30 p.m. @ D.W. Field Golf Course
Wednesday- 2:30 p.m. @ D.W. Field Golf Course
Thursday- 3 p.m. @ D.W. Field Golf Course
Field Hockey- Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday- 2:30-3:45 PM @ Marciano Stadium
Girls Soccer- Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday- 3:00-4:30 PM @ Marciano Stadium
Boys Soccer- Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday- 4:30-6 PM @ Marciano Stadium
Parents, guardians and student athletes,
Signature Healthcare is offering free sports physicals for students participating in the falls sports season on Monday, Sept. 21, 2020, from 5 to 7:30 p.m. at the 110 Liberty Street office in Brockton. Physicals are valid for 13 months; if a student athlete’s physical has expired, they will not be allowed to try out.
Parents/guardians must be present at the physical appointment with their child and the Signature Health Physical Forms must be filled out in advance (linked below). Please contact Jerilynconnor@bpsma.org to make an appointment for a physical.
Please log into FAMILY ID to register for Brockton High Athletics. YOU WILL NOT BE ALLOWED TO TRYOUT WITHOUT REGISTERING ONLINE
About BPS Athletics
Athletics are an integral part of the total educational experience at Brockton High School. Eligible young men and women are encouraged to try out for the school's numerous athletic teams. Each participant must be passing nine credits per term. A student must have a current physical examination on file in the nurse's office prior to trying out. Brockton High School is known for its high academic standards, athletic excellence and good sportsmanship. The BHS Athletic Program was once recognized as the #1 Athletic Program in Massachusetts by Sports Illustrated. Our student athletes and coaches of BHS have won many state titles and awards. We are proud to represent the City of Champions each and every time we step on the field. We encourage all of our alumni and fans to join us in Boxer Country as we continue to build upon our impressive athletic tradition at Brockton High School.