District Wellness Policy
Brockton Public Schools
School Committee Policy ADF
In accordance with Public Law 108.25 Section 204, the District Wellness Policy is committed to providing school environments that promote and protect children's health, well-being and ability to learn by supporting healthy eating and physical activity.
- The school district will establish a Wellness Steering Committee that consists of students, parents, teachers, administrators, a School Committee member, food service professionals, health professionals and other interested community members in developing, implementing, monitoring and reviewing district wide nutrition and physical activity procedures.
- All students will have opportunities, support, and encouragement to be physically active on a regular basis.
- Schools will provide sequential, comprehensive, standards-based nutrition education and physical education that will establish linkages to the school food programs, health services and to related community services/agencies.
- Food and beverages sold or served outside of the school lunch program will meet the nutrition recommendations based on the Dietary Guidelines for Americans 2005, which focus on increasing nutrient density, decreasing fat and trans fat, decreasing added sugars and moderating portion size.
- Superintendent or his/her designee will yearly monitor and evaluate the Wellness Policy and its action plan of implementation and report to the School Committee.
A. Foundations and Basic Commitments
Page 1 of 1
June 20, 2006