Brockton Public Schools
School Committee Policy
RECRUITMENT, INTERVIEWING AND APPOINTMENT OF CANDIDATES FOR PROMOTIONAL POSITIONS - GCP
- Whenever a vacancy occurs in a position that carries a salary ratio or differential, it shall be advertised within the school system for a minimum of ten school days. All applications for administrative positions must be made in writing and accompanied by a resume if one does not exist in the candidate’s personnel file.
- The advertisement for each promotional position shall set forth the qualifications and the rate of compensation.
- The duties and responsibilities of all positions shall be on file in the office of Human Resources.
- The Superintendent may waive stated requirement(s) if either comparable experience or other compensatory strengths are demonstrated.
- The Brockton Public School System encourages qualified veteran staff to apply for promotional positions.