Brockton Public Schools
School Committee Policy
ACCESS TO BUILDINGS - ECAB
In order to provide for a safe learning environment, the Brockton School Committee shall require the following:
- All doors must be locked once the pupil day begins.
- All teachers and staff members will secure doors as they pass through them.
- Custodians will check doors periodically throughout the day.
- All visitors, including parents, central office staff and maintenance personnel must enter the front door, sign in and wear an identification badge.
- All Brockton School Department employees must be prepared to question anyone in a building who does not have an identification badge. Any such person should be escorted to the office.
- In the event that an intruder enters a building, each principal should arrange for a signal code which will indicate to staff members that an emergency exists and that they need to keep all children in their classrooms.
- The School Department will provide a picture identification which will be requested to be worn daily by every employee. This request is for the safety of all occupants of the building including the employee him/herself.